Live CD Request for Enhancement: screen savers

ToddAndMargo ToddAndMargo at zoho.com
Wed Nov 19 02:48:20 UTC 2014

On 11/18/2014 06:36 PM, Mukundan Ragavan wrote:

> On 11/13/2014 01:52 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
>
>> Right now we are still over space, so we can't add these now
>> unless:
>>
>> * We can reclaim enough space
>>
>> or
>>
>> * Change our target to 1GB usb instead of 700MB cd. I suppose we
>> may have to do this, as it's becoming very very hard to fit in
>> 700MB.
>>
>> kevin
>>

> kevin,
>
> Let's just give up on 700 MB CD. This way we can include both
> xscreensaver*extra* and system-config-printer.
>
> Unless, of course, others have objection is giving up the CD images.
>
> cheers,
> Mukundan.

Hi Mukundan,

I repair the things for a living.  I can not remember seeing
a CD only reader in years and years.  They are all CD/DVD,
and a slight few blu-ray.

Also a Live DVD would allow for a Live USB, which is even
cooler yet.

A lot of el-cheap-o laptops are now dropping DVD all together.
So a Live DVD with "dd" for a USB stick would be great.

My two cents,

-T