Listing our current forces

Steve Dodier-Lazaro sidi at xfce.org
Thu Nov 20 07:43:49 UTC 2014

Hey Mukundan,

This is a very good idea. In fact, I was thinking we should either get
the downstreams (Xubuntu, Debian, Fedora, Arch, FreeBSD, Slackware
seem the most common) to have official reps who commit to our dev ML
and ensure communication flows down, or we could have an announce-only
mailing list that posts down to the dev MLs and accounts of all
downstreams, so we can contact them quickly for emergencies, important
announces and security announcements.

Either way works, the second one is maybe more accountable and
maintainable, and the first one more prone to triggering interactions.