Live CD Request for Enhancement: screen savers

ToddAndMargo ToddAndMargo at zoho.com
Fri Nov 21 21:45:23 UTC 2014

On 11/19/2014 08:34 AM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> I suppose we can... there are still people (a diminishing number) that
> have 700MB cd's

Hi Kevin,

If they are that old, they would have real issues trying
to run the latest Xfce.

Also, it does drive me bats that I can not run the
latest Xfce on RHEL 6.x/SL 6.x due to EL's deliberate
out-of-date configuration and Xfce's unwillingness to
develop on EL platforms to avoid these kinds of
problems.

So, my long winded point is that the same issues that
keep me on old version of Xfce on EL 6.6, will also
keep folks with old CD only technology from using
a current Live CD.

So go for the Live DVD!

-T