Changing the font color on the panel

Rajesh Khan rajeshkhan808 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 22 22:45:51 UTC 2014

I have been working on this for a while now but all my efforts have failed.
I would like to change the forecolor of the font in my panel. For instance
the "Application Menu" is currently in white and I would like to make it
blue. While searching on this topic I came under a post which stated that
this could be accomplished by adding a stylesheet parameter to the
~/.gtkrc-2.0 . However that did not work. I also wanted to change the width
of scrollbars adding that to my ~/.gtkrc-2.0 worked. Now my question is how
can i change the font color of text in my panel . Any help would be
appreciated. Below is a copy of my .gtkrc-2.0 and I installed Xfce on top
of fedora 20. I tried putting in any randowm colour but nothing seems to
work for the foreground color of the font

#change width of scrollbars
style "myscrollbar"
{
     GtkScrollbar::slider-width=20
}
class "GtkScrollbar" style "myscrollbar"

# this is the new part added by bgryderclock
style "xfdesktop-icon-view" {
XfdesktopIconView::label-alpha = 0

#Text colors you can delete these if you want you use gtk theme colors
fg[NORMAL] = "#ffff0f"
fg[SELECTED] = "#00fff0"
fg[ACTIVE] = "#00f0ff"

}
widget_class "*XfdesktopIconView*" style "xfdesktop-icon-view"