XFCE SIG Badge

Thomas Spura tomspur at fedoraproject.org
Tue Oct 28 14:16:41 UTC 2014

> On Thu, 23 Oct 2014 11:33:24 -0400
> Ralph Bean <rbean at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> A new Fedora badge has been proposed for "membership in the XFCE SIG":
>>
>> https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-badges/ticket/133
>>
>> As far as I can see, there is not a formal definition of membership in
>> the group.  Some options for awarding the badge:
>>
>> - We could create a new FAS group and trigger the badge awarding off
>>   of that.  Lots of other badges work this way, so it is easy to do.
>>   The only downside is that you have a FAS group with no other real
>>   purpose than for handing out badges.  It has to be maintained,
>>   pruned eventually, etc..
>>
>> - Or, instead, we could take one or two volunteers from the SIG to be
>>   'in charge' of the badge.  There is a self-service interface in the
>>   webapp where they could manually award the badge to sig members as
>>   they see fit.
>>
>> I'd like to do it however the sig wants it done.  Can you hash it out
>> and let the badges crew know by posting back in the trac ticket above?
>
> I'd think having a few folks hand out the badge sounds best to me.
> Perhaps me and Christoph to start with?
>
> We could have some simple critera:
>
> * Have added the Xfce sig note to their wiki page
> * Are subscribed to the Xfce mailing list
>
> Any other criteria folks can think of?

* Owning xfce packages.
* Testing and providing karma of updates.

Which most likely will boil down to your simple criteria as well...
I guess your criterias are easier to search for. Or would it be
possible to trigger something like owning the packages and providing
at least 5 karmas?

Greetings,
   Tom

--