Video w/out flash??

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 17:45:10 UTC 2014

On 22 September 2014 11:27, Beartooth <beartooth at comcast.net> wrote:

>         Running Qupzilla (installed by yum) under fully updated F20/Xfce4,
> and with that supposedly flash-replacing video installed (I can't recall
> its name right now), I still get only offers to install flash. How do I
> tell my browsers to use the other thing??

It really depends on what you installed and what the websites are looking
for in flash usage. If they are looking for Flash12 your only alternative
on Linux is Google Chrome. If it is Flash 10/11 lightspark is what is
needed. If it is older then it needs to be Gnash.. [yay constantly changing
formats from closed source vendors]

If what you installed was webm, then it will be up to the browser

http://crunchbang.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=35152
https://github.com/QupZilla/qupzilla/wiki/FAQ

> --
> Beartooth Staffwright, Not Quite Clueless Power User
> Remember I know little (precious little!) of where up is.

Stephen J Smoogen.