Fedora 22 i386 XFCE: some screensavers freeze

luigi votta lewis41 at fedoraproject.org
Thu Apr 30 16:23:50 UTC 2015

Hello users and developers of XFCE on Fedora22 32 bit, too.
I've an old machine dated  ~ 2001 which runs Fedora 22 with XFCE
desktop.
I've used GNOME for years untill 2011 when grew gnome-shell
and its new features too expensive for my machine.

So I switched to XFCE and  I feel comfortable with it.

Now I've this problem: some screensavers freeze when loaded (i.e.
Atlantis, Cage, EndGame, Gears, Geodesic, GeodesicGears, GLKnots,
Hypertorus, MirrorBlob, Moebius, MoebiusGears, Pinion) that I've
disabled.

How can I help with this issue? I'm not a programmer, but if you tell
me wich command I should issue (to investigate) when a problem cames
out, perhaps it can be helpful.

I've a NVidia card FX5200
Installed:
xscreensaver-base-5.32-12.fc22.i686
xscreensaver-gl-base-5.32-12.fc22.i686
xscreensaver-extras-base-5.32-12.fc22.i686
xscreensaver-gl-extras-5.32-12.fc22.i686
xscreensaver-extras-5.32-12.fc22.i686

Thank you all for making my old PC working well.

Luigi