Panel plugins not showing up

Roman Collins r.s.col988 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 09:01:41 UTC 2015

Hey all, first time emailing here,

I've been trying to get a plugin to show up under "Add Items" and under the
items tab for panel preferences, for some reason plugins are just not
showing up and I cant' figure out why. Specifically I'm trying to get the
dockbarx-plugin to work:
https://github.com/TiZ-EX1/xfce4-dockbarx-plugin/issues/15

I've tried installing to /usr/lib/xfce4/panel/plugins,
/usr/lib64/xfce4/panel/plugins, and /usr/share/xfce4/panel/plugins

I also disabled SELinux to test if that could possibly be it with
setenforce 0, that was not the issue so I re-enabled it.

Any ideas how I could fix this?