Vim commands for copying to system clipboard but text does, not show up in Clipman

Raphael Groner projects.rg at smart.ms
Fri Jul 31 17:20:02 UTC 2015

Hi Phil,

your issue sounds somehow like a RFE for Clipman to monitor also for
some commands from cli mode, but I do not know how difficult the
implementation is therefore, maybe it's technically impossible.
Technical background: Vim has its own clipboard manager in use that does
not know anything about running Xorg (or Wayland) applications, so I
guess the own clipboard of vi as in cli mode is used. Does it work if
you select text with the mouse and copy by help from context menu entry
or the menu of the terminal emulator (xfce4-terminal)?

Did you check upstream for any existing issue? Otherwise, you should
file a RFE in rhbz and as well to upstream of Clipman (the latter is the
generally preferred way).

You could also try with GPaste (based on Gtk as well) or Qlipper (Qt
based) as alternatives to Clipman.

R.