Is there an http(s) server on the live spin?

Ron Leach ronleach at tesco.net
Tue Jun 9 12:26:06 UTC 2015

List, good afternoon,

Because we have only a slow Internet connection, and are capacity
limited, we don't have a recent spin on which we could check whether
there is an https server present or running.  We have some older
spins, and these do not have any service running on localhost:80.  One
reason for wondering whether there was an http server present is that
we were thinking of using a live spin on a spare laptop to create a
temporary web-server, for example at an offsite event, or even in our
own network for temporarily serving whatever content.

Is an http server included on the current spin?  If so, can it also
provide https service, even if using a temporary self-signed certificate?

Grateful for any information,

regards, Ron