[ F21 GNOME ] How to properly install Xfce

Martin Cigorraga martincigorraga at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 23:19:32 UTC 2015

Hi all,

A while back I installed the main Fedora flavour to peek out how GNOME was
doing but I want now to go back to Xfce. Alas! From what I've been
researching removing GNOME Desktop is close to impossible without risking a
massive wreak-havoc.

OTOH I'm not going reinstall the whole stuff as I already have the system
up and running the way I like it :P

Until I figure out what to do with the GNOME Desktop leftovers, what would
you say would be the best way to install Xfce Desktop, just issue an 'yum
groupinstall "Xfce Desktop"'? I won't be knocking wood, crossing my fingers
and rubbing a rabbit leg through the process :S

Btw, thanks a lot for your work on the upcoming lil rat release!

Regards,
-Martin