Yet more xfce 4.12 status stuff...

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Tue Mar 10 21:19:24 UTC 2015

So, I did a bit of cleanup and digging today:

These 4 plugins I have retired in both rawhide and f22:

xfce4-radio-plugin -> dead, retired
xfce4-quicklauncher-plugin -> dead, retired
xfce4-modemlights-plugin -> dead, retired
xfce4-xfswitch-plugin -> dead, retired
xfce4-wmdock-plugin -> dead, retired

These 3 plugins need work to get them building/working with ui:·

xfce4-notes-plugin -> patch on list for ui, fixed already in upstream
git.· Probibly should just do a git snapshot version as they also
added gtk3 support.

xfce4-cellmodem-plugin -> patch in debian, needs work to apply.

xfce4-timer-plugin -> we had an old version, new version uses
ui, but doesn't build. (compiler issue?)

If anyone would like to poke at those three and get something working,
that would be great, otherwise I will try in the coming days.

These 2 plugins I fixed:·

xfce4-smartbookmark-plugin -> we had an old version, new version uses
ui, fixed.·
xfbib -> we had an old version, new version uses ui, fixed

I don't want to obsolete libxfcegui4 until we sort out the 3 that still
need work.· It should probibly be Obsoleted by libxfce4ui once those 3
plugins are taken care of.

I've also pushed the following in f23 and as a f22 update:

xfce4-smartbookmark-plugin-0.4.5-2.fc22
xfce4-dev-tools-4.12.0-1.fc22
thunar-vfs-1.2.0-15.fc22
xmonad-log-applet-2.1.0-8.fc22
xfmpc-0.2.2-9.fc22
xfbib-0.1.0-1.fc22
xfce4-panel-4.12.0-3.fc22

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/edit/xfce4-smartbookmark-plugin-0.4.5-2.fc22,xfce4-dev-tools-4.12.0-1.fc22,thunar-vfs-1.2.0-15.fc22,xmonad-log-applet-2.1.0-8.fc22,xfmpc-0.2.2-9.fc22,xfbib-0.1.0-1.fc22

(The Xfce4-panel contains Obsoletes for the retired plugins above).

Karma/testing welcome.

kevin