[389-devel] Thought excersize: A different take on replication

Gerrard Geldenhuis Gerrard.Geldenhuis at betfair.com
Fri Dec 3 16:51:44 UTC 2010

Thanks for the reply Soeren, would this "election" process be on a OSPF basis/level? How do you differentiate between the host not available from a network point of view and from a service point of view. My network skills are limited and to be honest; OSPF was mentioned during our discussions but I had to read up on it afterwards and it seemed similar to the solutions we were discussing.

> I think this would be a good way to go because it is very close to real life
> scenarios form my point of view, I most likely have a view masters in
> geographically distributed locations, but not tens of servers in one location (
> maybe already counting e.g. different buildings on a campus as locations )
>
> Not sure if that is a way to go, but maybe it helps a little

Regards