[389-devel] Thought excersize: A different take on replication

Soeren Malchow (MCon) soeren.malchow at mcon.net
Fri Dec 3 21:14:37 UTC 2010

OSPF was only the example for me, in OSPF the daemon itself has this election logic built in.
So either the service is running and can take part in the election or not, this means, the logic needs to be implemented within the ldap daemon.

It also implies, that there is some kind of "heartbeat" between the nodes.