[389-users] require ssl/tls only for binding as user

Andrey Ivanov andrey.ivanov at polytechnique.fr
Mon Jan 11 20:36:24 UTC 2010

You have also this (starting from version 1.2.1) :

    * Add require secure binds switch
          o This adds a new configuration attribute named
nsslapd-require-secure-binds. When enabled, a simple bind will only be
allowed over a secure transport (SSL/TLS or a SASL privacy layer). An
attempt to do a simple bind over an insecure transport will return a
LDAP result of LDAP_CONFIDENTIALITY_REQUIRED. This new setting will
not affect anonymous or unauthenticated binds.
          o The default setting is to have this option disabled.