virtio-win drivers

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Wed Jan 27 17:49:26 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 3:45 PM, Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:

> These drivers can be hosted in Fedora space, by providing the binaries
> and source -- although Fedora Hosted is acceptable, the Board left the
> choice of location to the Infrastructure team.  Mike McGrath and the
> team will be happy to work with you on that.

A quick followup; I made a suggestion that we include a requirement
"and clear instructions for building the software".

A sample is:

http://git.gnome.org/browse/pango/tree/README.win32

Though more ideally, you mention the exact versions of tools (such as
MSVC++) used to build the drivers.

The basic idea here is to avoid the "bus factor"; a few simple notes
can easily save a huge amount of time if for some reason someone has
to rebuild and the original developer isn't available.

Does virtio-win have such instructions?