Fedora Board Meeting Recap 2010-03-25

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 18:28:39 UTC 2010

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Meeting:Board_meeting_2010-03-25

== Roll Call ==
* Present: Matt Domsch, Mike McGrath, Christopher Aillon, Colin Walters, Paul Frields, Dennis Gilmore, Chris Tyler
* Regrets: Josh Boyer, Tom 'spot' Callaway, John Poelstra
* Assigned meeting secretary: Paul Frields

== Agenda ==

=== Trademark matter ===
* Question to legal at fp.o asking for permission to use our logo in a T-shirt contest entry at the Linux Foundation
** TM counsel reports we can give a specific permission that is limited in scope to just this contest entry, without setting broader precedent.
** Inclined to give a specific permission for this since (a) it was
   sought, and (b) seems like a negligible risk
** Thanks to the community member who asked in advance!
** QUESTION: Does the Board agree we can grant a specific, limited
   permission for the creator to enter these two designs in the LF
   contest?
AGREED: No objections.  Paul to note to requester.

=== Diagram progress ===
* STATUS: In progress, Paul to give a short status
** Met with Mo Duffy for some designer input
*** Presented purpose for the diagram
*** Got feedback, and will do some narrative and another iteration
** ACTION: Paul working on next draft, will present to SWG+Board+FAB

=== FPL succession ===
* STATUS: In progress, Paul to give a short status
** Announcements
*** http://marilyn.frields.org:8080/~paul/wordpress/?p=3085
*** http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/advisory-board/2010-March/008247.html
** The next few weeks of planning

=== Election schedule ===
* STATUS: Draft is out on advisory-board list
** Feedback from Board members encouraged
** mdomsch:  FESCo rules have specific rules
*** we should ask FESCo to reconcile this with a general project schedule-based policy
*** Is there any desire to change the way that town halls/questionnaires work?
** pfrields: Light but generally positive response in Fedora community, and also from external free software communities as well
*** as long as people are interested in staffing it, OK to continue
*** make sure we have a way for people to get involved in the process if desired
** ACTION: mdomsch to file ticket with FESCo explaining issue

=== FESCo Update Policy ===
* STATUS: FESCo has posted a policy
** https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Package_update_acceptance_criteria
** Planning is still underway
** Board members should keep an eye on progress
*** Does the plan so far meet our vision/requirements?
*** Implementation details will really be the key
*** Be mindful of people costs/requirements
** pfrields: Outlined Board responsibilities above
** mdomsch: Testimony to quality of FESCo discussion and vote -- no resulting uproar
** mmcgrath: Having the known quantity of criteria has helped a lot
** mdomsch: interested in possibility of a backport capability, but that's independent of the updates model and making them more stable
** dgilmore: work is going forward on gathering info for a KoPeR capability
*** http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JesseKeating/KojiPersonalRepos -- the original idea page
* Board agree it's good to see people driving this idea to a conclusion

== Next meeting ==
* PROPOSED: Wed 2010-04-01 UTC 1600
** This is a public IRC meeting
** Paul hasn't had cycles to work on getting new Asterisk packages
   made to try out, but will work on it in April for the May meeting.