Election schedule

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 17:06:35 UTC 2010

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 7:09 AM, Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, let me ask this -- are answers simply gathered by having the
> candidates edit the wiki page for the questionnaire?  If so, there
> seems to be very little work required for that step.  Larry, it seems
> to me that having people submit answers to you to just transfer to the
> wiki is not time well spent for anyone.
>
> Is there some reason we wouldn't want candidates to just put their
> answers on the wiki?  I could be missing something here.

I believe the original intent was to get independent answers from each
candidate. That independence is compromised if some candidates get to
read the answers that other candidates provide prior to their own
submissions.

It has from what I've gathered been a bit of work for the middleman in
the process in the past.

I've asked myself more than once if this is worth continuing to do
because in the past it has also been quite a lot of work for the
candidates who choose to do it with care. The answers provided however
have been so good and worth reading that without a revolt by the
candidates I think it is worth doing. As a burden relief to everyone
perhaps we should control the imposition level by not asking the
candidates to answer too many questions in this format. People can
always come to the town halls and ask as well.

John