[Ambassadors] Runoff election for Board seat has begun.

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 00:38:43 UTC 2012

On 06/13/2012 12:00 AM, Jared K. Smith wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 5:50 PM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson"
> <johannbg at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Has there been a survey which ask people why they don't participate in
>> voting or running for office to confirm/deny what you mention or did those
>> that rejected it merely base it on an hunch?
> Not that I know of, but if people don't take the time to participate
> in voting, I doubt you'd get a representative sample of them to
> participate in your survey to tell you why they didn't participate in
> the elections.

I would beg the differ but hey again that's just me.

>> Do we have any "election committee" filled with people not already serving
>> in any of those governing body's being elected to that manages and oversee
>> the election process and anything that goes with it. ( like producing
>> participation stats etc. )?
> No, we have an "Election Wrangler".  That person volunteers to make
> sure the elections happen in a smooth and organized way.  Having been
> the FPL and run elections with and without the help of an Election
> Wrangler, I can say that it's a huge help, even though it doesn't get
> a lot of fanfare or attention.  So, for whatever it's worth, I'm going
> to tip my hat to the Election Wranglers that have helped make our
> elections better.  Thank you for stepping up and making the FPL's job
> easier.

I also would like to thank all the Election wranglers

> If you're interested in making the elections better, feel free to
> volunteer to be the the next Election Wrangler.

Well I for one would rather that we have an election committee that sets
the election rules etc and as well has handles the aftermath rather then
an single individual doing all this stuff.

And I feel that and "election committee" if it ever comes to be would
need to be made up of individuals not serving in any governing body (
that includes the FPL ) and each corporate entity cannot have more than
one individual on that committee to ensure that the election rules in
place are in the best interest of the community and the people
participating in it.

When the call for votes came I seriously cant have been the only
individual that was wondering why the numbers of voters aren't equal in
all area amongst other things that might be read from this and feel it
warrants to be looked into further.
( For example just look at the number of participants out of ca 6000
possible voters.)

* Board: 151 voters
* FAMSCo: 163 voters
* FESCo: 184 voters