Don't blame LSB and standards, please: was: Re: Fedora Plasma Product, feedback please

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 09:59:02 UTC 2014

On 04/01/2014 08:22 AM, Christian Schaller wrote:
> The 3 bullet points in my previous emails explains exactly why it should fail.

No it does not.

Workstation can easily implement something like "To become a workstation
product you have to do X Y Z steps" which each DE we ship in the
distribution can do encase they want to become a workstation product
just like is needed to become a server role.

Once they have done what is needed to fulfill the workstation standard
they become an official workstation product for the distribution and can
be advertised as such.

JBG