Don't blame LSB and standards, please: was: Re: Fedora Plasma Product, feedback please

Christian Schaller cschalle at redhat.com
Tue Apr 1 11:30:05 UTC 2014

Sure, but considering that such a requirements list would include a lot
of look and feel, behavior, system service usage, developer API availability
 and so on, it would in some cases require quite radical code changes in the
respective desktops.

And we could change the requirement in the Workstation for Qt5 to be available
to instead say 'there has to be an implementation of the Qt5 API available', which opens up
for people to write their own implementations, but I don't see it as a very realistic
thing for anyone to do or an especially worthwhile one.

Christian