[Ambassadors] Fedora 14 Schedule

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 21:53:25 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 08:15:33AM -0700, Robyn Bergeron wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 10:33 PM, susmit shannigrahi
> <thinklinux.ssh at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >

> > Here we go: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/Schedule
> >
> > This is no way final, suggestions are welcome. If you want to add
> > something, please do.
> > Also, discuss this regionally.
> >
> > John, do you want it in some defined format? If yes, please let me
> > know about it.
> >
> I've added the previously mentioned item that NA Ambassadors wanted
> (line item for selecting a spin).  However, under the deadline column,
> rather than using a deadline I noted a dependency for where it would
> start (in this case, 1 week after spins freeze).
>
> I don't have a solution off the top of my head - but some of the other
> scheduled items listed here are pretty vague.  Just from Marketing's
> history with the schedule and trying to get things done by using it -
> when you have tasks that are things like, "Work with $othergroup," it
> usually winds up that nobody does anything.  If we have any idea what
> we want to do more specific to those tasks - whether it is "famsco
> send mail to all ambassadors reminding / encouraging to participate in
> Talking Points selection process" or "File ticket with design
> requesting availability of media / sticker artwork" - that is what we
> should write down.  I think it would be a good idea to figure out more
> concretely what we're looking to have done here.
>
> Also - for the items of "Work with design for making the media/sticker
> artwork available," "Work with docs to get notes/handouts prepared, if
> required for events," and "Work with translate team to have docs in
> every language" - the Deadline needs more details. Is this two weeks
> after something else, 3 weeks before release, ??

Really excellent feedback here, Robyn.  Obviously based on experience
with the Marketing schedule! :-) The Docs team has run into similar
issues in schedules from many releases ago, although we've now
iterated often enough to get rid of most of those issues.

The more specific the tasks are, as Robyn notes above, the more likely
they can be easily handled by an interested contributor.  The more
vague they are, the harder it is to figure them out or assign them to
anyone to get done.