[Ambassadors] Italian Ambassador leaves Fedora (ex Goodbye Fedora (from Italy))

Kévin Raymond shaiton at fedoraproject.org
Thu May 3 07:48:18 UTC 2012

On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 1:01 AM, Gabriele Trombini (mailga)
<mailga at fedoraonline.it> wrote:
> Maybe this mail has gone unnoticed, to the most of You.
>
> I think that if one of the Ambassadors leaves the project
> with this words:
>
> "While I realize how little it can import to most of those who read, I
> reiterate that I let Fedora as a gesture of utter disapproval of the
> project management."
>
> we got a problem.

I don't think so.
Since I have discovered the Open Source Way, I've always loved to see
how people works together in order to achieve a certain goal.

Since I've joined the Fedora community (thanks to the ambassador
mentoring process), I've been really happy to see how people could
move things as long as they are doing it.
The meritocracy is really nice, the more you do, the more you are able to do!

We don't know what exactly Alexjan have tried to do, but I think the
ambassador team is the more complex one, as we have to deal with
people, community, organizations…
And this team has a wide variety of topics, it is hard to follow what
everyone is doing.
So you need to poll/ping frequently, to attend meeting, to shoot your voice…

Being actively involved in at least 4 FAS groups, the amba is the one
with the worse ratio between time spent and final result. But we are
not all developers, so this is not true for everybody.

I can see that Alexjan has "joined" the websites team, but I have
never seen any query from him.

[snip]

> Well this is a lone voice, but I'd like think that it will be the only and we
> can't accept that this is reason for leaving the project.

Guys from the Italian community should know him better than us.
Working as a team in our countries is really important.
That's why we are doing release parties.
We share projects, experience, feeling, and build new connections.
We are not only fingers behind a screen, we all are unique people with
different wishes, but we all share common values useful to build our
lovable distro!

> Ciao Alexjan.

See ya Alexjan!

--