[Ambassadors] Italian Ambassador leaves Fedora (ex Goodbye Fedora (from Italy))

Gianluca Sforna giallu at gmail.com
Thu May 3 10:38:51 UTC 2012

On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 1:01 AM, Gabriele Trombini (mailga)
<mailga at fedoraonline.it> wrote:
> Maybe this mail has gone unnoticed, to the most of You.

It was not, but unfortunately the mail has little content other than
"I'm leaving"

> I think that if one of the Ambassadors leaves the project
> with this words:
>
> "While I realize how little it can import to most of those who read, I
> reiterate that I let Fedora as a gesture of utter disapproval of the
> project management."
>
> we got a problem.

Everyone is entitled to have an opinion (strong or not) but those
words without any further explanation are just not actionable. Who is
the "project management"? What did this abstract entity do to generate
such disapproval? Without this minimum piece of info we can't just
guess and try to fix something random in the Fedora organization.

> "For a while, I tried to make my contribution to change this, but this
> was not possible."

Sadly, this reminds me a distant past when I had an argument with
Alexjan about a bug hit by his netbook which he never bother reporting
in Bugzilla; I don't know who Alex talked to about, if he detailed the
specific changes he did not like and what kind of proposal he had to
solve the problem.

Again, I think we just need to wait for more info to understand what
went wrong, then act if needed.

In short, if there is something you think needs fixing, speak up
before boiling over! :)

--
Gianluca Sforna

http://morefedora.blogspot.com