[Ambassadors] [Fedora-freemedia-list] OT: Ambassador Multi-Live(cd) DVD

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 15:34:53 UTC 2012

On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 8:42 AM, Jukka Palander <jukka at devspain.com> wrote:

> Note: I will post this into the Ambassadors list as well so they can
> have a say to this problem so therefore I am top-posting:
>
> Didn't we have this available as torrent link? And if not WHY?

No. This media was something of an experiment or proof of concept by
ambassadors. So it isn't to be considered quite the same way other
distributed media is yet at least. And while we have always made it
available to download it really wasn't intended to be something end
users download.

> NOTE: Do not download the F17 Gnome Live (default)! It is still
> broken!!!

Can you provide a link to the broken media? I haven't heard of this
issue with the media I think you are talking about above.

> I just tried it last week and it WILL give an disk read error when
> installing. In example XFCE spin works well though.
>
> Just have to say - why on earth one broken iso is still available!!!???
> Rather make a link to old 16 or say that it is broken so you cannot
> download.

If you are talking about the main default live desktop media I can
only guess that while it may be failing for you it must be working for
most people or I would have heard more about this before now.

There is a problem with the installation media that ambassadors use
for pressed media and since we didn't intend to press more of it after
fixing the problem infrastructure just made it so people could not
download it. One could argue we should have replaced it with fixed
media but since this wasn't a primary download I really don't think it
matters much at this point. We will be more careful in the future so
that doesn't happen again.

John