[Ambassadors] T-shirt for each F19 release party organizer

S.Kemter sirko.kemter at gmail.com
Mon May 6 18:14:40 UTC 2013

Hi,

2013/5/6 John T. Rose <rose at iastate.edu>

> On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 5:59 AM, Jiri Eischmann <eischmann at redhat.com>
> wrote:
> for.
> and

> >> I initially was going to say that I like the idea of rewarding people
> for doing a little more (like those who throw
> >> release parties), but this is a good point. There are lot of people
> helping Fedora just as much in other ways.
> >
> > This idea was meant to replace the old reward program for release party
> > organizers which is why it was originally limited to them (btw release
> > party can be organized by any contributor, it's not limited to
> > ambassadors). I have absolutely no problem to include other teams, too.
> > But there are several problems to solve.
>
> For the record I am against buying dinners and giving trips to FUDCons
> and whatever else to release party organizers as well. Regardless of
> who can in theory organize a release party these goodies are being
> given by ambassadors to other ambassadors for honestly not doing very
> much.

nowhere is written that you have to be Ambassador for doing a release party.

You definitly volunteered with this mail to organize one as you said is not
much work. But that cant be true when I look here there was no party in NA

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F18_release_events#NA

> Compare this effort to that expended by QA or Design release after
> release and there are never any goodies for them. We could be better
> ambassadors internally by giving a thank you to those working hard
> elsewhere in the project. I'd be fully behind an effort to send a
> thank you to the QA team.
>
> > Criteria: who's going to get a T-shirt? With the release party reward
> > program, it's very simple: everyone who is an event owner of a release
> > party.
>
> How about everyone who contributes a design for wallpaper? How about
> everyone who participates in a test day? It isn't that hard to find
> easy ways to identify people outside of the ambassador group.
>
> > So every team/spin/... which wants to be involved needs to define some
> > criteria, or we can simply give T-shirts away to anyone who applies and
> > has at least some sign of contribution until we run out of T-shirts.
>
> We have raffled off t-shirts to contributors in the past. The
> logistics of any large scale thank you program is going to be
> difficult. But I don't see any real impediment to thanking one group
> this time and another next time either.
>
> > Distribution&Cost: with the release parties, the distribution of
> > T-shirts is fairly easy and cheap, at least in some of the regions. In
> > EMEA, we send packages with media and swag to every release party, so
> > distributing T-shirts is just a matter of including them in the
> > packages. Sending T-shirts to various contributors would be logistically
> > more complicated and expensive because we'd have to send them in extra
> > packages. So are we going to have enough money not only for T-shirt
> > production, but also for shipping which won't land in this quarter for
> > sure? Who is going to package and send tens or hundreds of T-shirts?
>
> Well, ambassadors in NA did exactly that for the t-shirt raffle. As I
> said before though I do agree this doesn't scale. But at the same
> scale we have here we could I am sure give t-shirts to the QA or
> Design contributors instead of to ambassadors for a change.

br gnokii

make me rich, buy my Inkscape book http://is.gd/yq5OD0 ;)