[Ambassadors] Fedora Calendar for ambassadors

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at gmail.com
Wed May 8 10:43:23 UTC 2013

Am Mittwoch, den 08.05.2013, 11:55 +0200 schrieb Pierre-Yves Chibon:
> On Wed, 2013-05-08 at 11:09 +0200, Christoph Wickert wrote:
> > I have created a request for a calendar at
> > https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/3797
> >
> > The idea is that members of FAmSCo will serve as administrators, but
> > of cause all members will be able to add events.
>
> In this case there is a mis-understanding, if created as such only
> famsco members will be able to add events, I believe what you want is to
> restrict adding meetings to the ambassador group.

No, in fact I think it should not be limited to ambassadors. We have
people running events who are not (officially) ambassadors and I don't
see a reason why something like an infrastructure FAD shouldn't be
listed in the events calendar, too.

So for me the question is: Should we limit it to ambassadors yes or no?
What do people think?

And what about event ownership? If we assume that meeting organizer in
the calendar equals the event owner in the wiki, it might in fact make
sense to limit access to ambassadors. We need to discuss this a bit
more.

> At the moment there is no administrator group per calendar.

Then I'm not sure fedocal is suitable for the ambassadors. if every
every ambassador / FCPA member needs to be admin to add an event, this
is a no go as it would allow then to edit the whole calendar, even to
delete it. Sorry, we cannot risk that.

Will there be admins per calendar in the near future?

Kind regards,
Christoph