[Ambassadors] embassador

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Mon May 20 14:08:35 UTC 2013

On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 12:58 AM, Clint Savage <herlo at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Please refrain from sending welcome messages to the ambassador mailing list.
>
> This is policy:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors_Join_subscribe_to_the_ambassadors_mailing_list
>
> DO NOT SEND ANY NON-AMBASSADOR RELATED MESSAGES to the fedora
> ambassadors mailing list!' This includes invites to social-networking
> sites, welcome messages to new ambassadors, technical support
> questions or advice or anything else, which is not deemed Fedora
> ambassador related! There are a lot of people on the list (550+), so
> it's not necessary to send an introduction. We do group introductions
> of all new members periodically.

Just for what it is worth that admonition says it isn't necessary to
send an introduction - it doesn't say don't send an introduction and
when a new ambassador chooses to send an introduction it would be
pretty unwelcoming for everyone to ignore it or just reply off-list
where the flow of information is hidden from view.

I think most of us agree it is bad to send welcome messages to the
list in response to the group introductions but this situation seems
quite different. And seeing someone skilled help a new ambassador on
board I think might be valuable to a lot of us. Just my 2 cents.

John