[Ambassadors] Welcome messages (was: Re: embassador)

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at gmail.com
Mon May 20 14:18:07 UTC 2013

Am Montag, den 20.05.2013, 09:08 -0500 schrieb inode0:
> Just for what it is worth that admonition says it isn't necessary to
> send an introduction - it doesn't say don't send an introduction and
> when a new ambassador chooses to send an introduction it would be
> pretty unwelcoming for everyone to ignore it or just reply off-list
> where the flow of information is hidden from view.
>
> I think most of us agree it is bad to send welcome messages to the
> list in response to the group introductions but this situation seems
> quite different. And seeing someone skilled help a new ambassador on
> board I think might be valuable to a lot of us. Just my 2 cents.

I fully agree with you John.

I think introductions are reasonably step in the mentoring process and
we just need to think about the responses. I don't really care, as long
as there is really something to discuss and not only 10 people replying
"Welcome", it could and IHMO should go to the list. If you just want to
welcome somebody or discuss regional business, please do this in private
or one of the regional lists.

Kind regards,
Christoph