[fedora-arm] Building perl-Crypt-OpenSSL-RSA

Kedar Sovani kedars at marvell.com
Tue Mar 23 08:33:53 UTC 2010

On Sun, 2010-03-21 at 18:56 -0700, Quentin Armitage wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've done a scratch build of perl-Crypt-OpenSSL-RSA which has been
> successful, although there is no installable package available (it is
> listed in http://arm.koji.fedoraproject.org/possible_dep_failures.html ,
> but this seems to be for the F-11 build): see
> http://arm.koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=101130 .
>
> Can a proper build be done of this package, and it made available?

I scheduled this one.

> I will be working my way through a number of packages to try and get
> them to build and have a few questions:
>
> Can  I only do scratch builds, or can I submit full builds?

You can submit full builds but the package will only be tagged if you
are the package owner. If you are not, once you have built your set of
packages you could simply request on the irc channel (or here) to tag
the packages for you. It would be beneficial to build package versions
that are in dist-f12-updates.

> How do built packages get submitted for inclusion in the repo?

We should start running daily mash-out scripts. This has been pending
for a while now.

> If I find patches are needed, as are stored in
> http://ftp.linux.org.uk/pub/linux/arm/fedora/diffs-f12/ , how should I
> submit them?
>
> If a package needs an ARM specific patch, does the koji build have to be
> submitted with an SRPM?

You can submit the patches on this mailing list.

> PQA

Kedar.