[fedora-arm] PogoPlug E02 -- 25 bucks.

omalleys at msu.edu omalleys at msu.edu
Wed Dec 14 14:46:46 UTC 2011

Quoting Henrik Nordström <henrik at henriknordstrom.net>:

> mån 2011-12-12 klockan 11:28 -0500 skrev omalleys at msu.edu:
>
>> The pogoplugs depending on the version, can ship with an oxnas armv6
>> processor though which is different then the guru/ultra plugs.
>> Supposedly there are some proprietary driver issues, according to the
>> archlinux site.
>
> I haven not seen much issues with proprietary drivers in oxnas (any
> version), but it's a cpu manufacturer who is not at all trying to
> upstream their changes so you still get pretty locked down in very old
> kernel versions (i.e. 2.6.31 which is the latest oxnas kernel) unless
> you want to spend a lot of time on maintaining the kernel. I spent quite
> a bit of time on adding oxnas support to 2.6.37 some years ago, but in
> the end decided it's not worth the effort to finish it up.
>
> And from what it looks from the pogoplug open source page even the

The message I read was from like over a year ago..I didnt mean to
spread misformation...

Buy.com has the pogoplug P21 for 28 dollars with free shipping.
http://www.buy.com/prod/pogoplug-file-sharing-solution-black/221688297.html
This does have the dual core oxnas chip in it.

I believe these are the specs:
http://archlinuxarm.org/platforms/armv6/pogoplug-provideov3