[fedora-arm] [GIT PULL] for more armv7hl bootstrap packages

Chris Tyler chris at tylers.info
Sat Jun 11 18:16:45 UTC 2011

On Sat, 2011-06-11 at 03:44 -0400, Jon Masters wrote:
> On Sat, 2011-06-11 at 03:11 -0400, Oleg Drokin wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > I missed on all the fun today, but I guess I still can bring in some useful stuff.
> > Support for perl openssl gettext popt glib2 pkgconfig
> >
> > git://knox.linuxhacker.ru/~green/arm.git armv7hl-green
>
> Excellent. I'll take a look in a few minutes. I'm writing up a wiki page
> summary of Friday's activities, along with a guide for those who want to
> join in (by posting update to self named branches of armv7hl - see e.g.
> armv7hl-jcm, armv7hl-dmarlin, armv7hl-seneca on the Fedora ARM git tree
> for the rootfs-in-progress. Please post pull requests here, and copy me.
> I'll gatekeeper these pull requests so that we have merge co-ordination.

Jon,

I'm wondering if the merges would be easier if the build scripts were in
a subdirectory rather than in the 'stage2' script itself -- so instead
of an extra entry in the /stage2/stage2 case structure, we'd drop a file
in /stage2/buildscripts.d (or similar).

The part of stage2 that loops through the whole package set could
instead loop through all of the script names in that directory. (If
build order is an issue for future archs, we could use sysvinit-style
order numbers: /stage2/buildscripts.d/45-gawk).

-Chris