[fedora-arm] Pandaboard ES and Fedora

Jon jdisnard at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 17:45:54 UTC 2013

On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 8:38 AM, Peter TB Brett <peter at peter-b.co.uk> wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Dec 2013 12:52:30 +0000, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> You and me too!
>>
>>> Have you by any chance collated any information on what exactly "not
>>> working" entails during your experiments?  I'd really like to avoid
>>> duplicating any work that other people have already done.  At the moment
>>> I'd be happy just to get the kernel to boot to a shell on a serial
>>> console...!
>>
>> Well the current status for 3.11+ is that there's no output on the
>> serial console, it doesn't boot, or at least appear to boot with
>> anything on any console.
>
> Good news -- it looks like someone has got 3.12 booting on a Pandaboard
> ES...
>
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.ports.arm.kernel/273868
> http://pastebin.com/qQCmA2ng
>
> I'll try and get in touch with him directly to find out a bit more about
> his setup and which ES variant he's using.

Howdy folks,

I know the u-boot code was updated to support the right voltages and
timings for the v3 Panda.
I believe we got all the right bits in u-boot version 2013.10 that we
ship, but there is always 2014.1 right around the corner.
I've also heard rumors of what will become kernel 3.13 working, but
that is always omap2+ def configs, probably not the multi-platform.
In Fedora we need MP kernel or nothing, but perhaps a remix could be
generated and omap2defconfig kernel kept off in a side repo?
Some really big question marks here.

[cc'ing Nishanth]

Nishanth, care to confirm or deny the rumors?

-Jon Disnard

irc: masta
fas: parasense