[fedora-arm] F20 on Mirabox

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 11:01:47 UTC 2014

On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 8:50 PM, Brian Kambach <bkambach at i-a-i.com> wrote:
> Does anyone have instructions for getting the stock F20 image to run on a
> Mirabox?
>

> I’m attempting to use the “Fedora-Minimal-armhfp-20-1-sda.raw.xz” image on
> an SD card.  I initially tried booting the image as-is, but it simply hung
> at “Starting kernel …”.  Following some old instructions in this mailing
> list for F19 from Jon Masters, I appended the “armada-370-mirabox.dtb” to
> the end of the uImage, which gets much further, but stops at:
>
> [  OK  ] Started Show Plymouth Boot Screen.
>
> [  OK  ] Reached target Paths.
>
> [  OK  ] Reached target Basic System.
>
> [  203.390737] dracut-initqueue[247]: Warning: Could not boot.
>
> [  203.432165] dracut-initqueue[247]: Warning: /dev/sdb3 does not exist
>

> So, it obviously can’t find the real root filesystem, but I don’t know how
> to remedy this.  Any ideas?

It's missing the usb driver from from the initrd. It may even have
been missing the usb driver entirely in the F-20 GA release as I
discovered both issues around the same time but I don't remember
exactly when that was.

So to get it running on F-20 you'd likely need to pull in a newer
kernel/dracut and regenerate the initrd. I've never run F-20 on my
Mirabox but it's running F-21 really well so TBH I'd grab the latest
F-21 Beta RC and go with that as it's very solid on the Mirabox.