[fedora-arm] u-boot plans for Fedora 22 ?

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Sat Mar 21 14:21:18 UTC 2015

Hi,

On 06-03-15 23:50, Peter Robinson wrote:
>> I assume that we will be rebasing u-boot to the just released v2015.01
>> for F-22? But I was wondering if there is any chance we can jump to
>> v2015.04 ? The reason I'm asking is that things are progressing
>> quite rapidly on the u-boot side, at least with Allwinner SoC support,
>> I've just send a pull-req for v2015.04 with the following highlights:
>>
>> 1) Improved sun6i (A31) support, including support for the A31s variant and
>>     automatic assignment of a SoC serial based MAC address for ethernet
>> 2) Full sun8i (A23) support including DRAM controller init and SPL, so now
>>     people can boot these boards using a full FOSS solution
>> 3) Many improvement to the graphical console support, automatic selection
>>     of the native mode for HDMI/DVI monitors via DDC + EDID, LCD panel
>> support,
>>     VGA output support
>> 4) Preparation work for OTG controller support, together with 3) this allows
>> using
>>     u-boot on tablets effortlessly. The rest of the OTG support is going
>> upstream
>>     through the usb tree
>>
>> And if possible I would like to see this end up in Fedora 22 :)
>
> An initial build of 2015.04rc3 will be in rawhide tomorrow, so please
> test, I've enabled a few extra new devices and I'll be reviewing the
> rest of the new devices over the next week or so.
>
> Please test, once it's settled down and we're fairly certain all the
> usual suspects haven't regressed we'll move it into F-22 before beta
> starts to get locked down.

I noticed that -rc4 has also been build, so I've given that a test-run
on sunxi instead:

 From a sunxi pov this build looks good.

Talking about enabling extra boards, from a sunxi pov I would like to
see the following enabled:

Common / widely available dev-boards:

Linksprite_pcDuino3_Nano
Linksprite_pcDuino3
Linksprite_pcDuino
Marsboard_A10
Orangepi (*)
Orangepi_mini (*)

Common / widely used top set boxes:
CSQ_CS908
Mele_I7
Mele_M5
Mele_M9
ba10_tv_box
i12-tvbox

Common / widely used "hdmi sticks":
mk802_a10s
mk802
mk802ii

This leaves some special dev boards (official allwinner devkits
mostly), some uncommon top set boxes / hdmi sticks, and a bunch
of tablets. I would like to eventually enable tablets, but atm
without otg support being upstream they are not really usable yet.

Once we have the tablets usable, we should probably just do
a grep in configs/_defconfig for SUNXI and just enable all of them
to avoid having to manually keep a list. I'm fine with switching
to such a grep right away.

Regards,

Hans

*) The Orangepi's do not have a dts upstream yet, but we do need to
enable them eventually, might just as well do so now.