[fedora-arm] u-boot plans for Fedora 22 ?

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 22:50:05 UTC 2015

> I assume that we will be rebasing u-boot to the just released v2015.01
> for F-22? But I was wondering if there is any chance we can jump to
> v2015.04 ? The reason I'm asking is that things are progressing
> quite rapidly on the u-boot side, at least with Allwinner SoC support,
> I've just send a pull-req for v2015.04 with the following highlights:
>
> 1) Improved sun6i (A31) support, including support for the A31s variant and
>    automatic assignment of a SoC serial based MAC address for ethernet
> 2) Full sun8i (A23) support including DRAM controller init and SPL, so now
>    people can boot these boards using a full FOSS solution
> 3) Many improvement to the graphical console support, automatic selection
>    of the native mode for HDMI/DVI monitors via DDC + EDID, LCD panel
> support,
>    VGA output support
> 4) Preparation work for OTG controller support, together with 3) this allows
> using
>    u-boot on tablets effortlessly. The rest of the OTG support is going
> upstream
>    through the usb tree
>
> And if possible I would like to see this end up in Fedora 22 :)

An initial build of 2015.04rc3 will be in rawhide tomorrow, so please
test, I've enabled a few extra new devices and I'll be reviewing the
rest of the new devices over the next week or so.

Please test, once it's settled down and we're fairly certain all the
usual suspects haven't regressed we'll move it into F-22 before beta
starts to get locked down.