A few Pungi questions

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Nov 21 14:11:38 UTC 2007

On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 14:47:14 +0100 (CET)
Peter Åstrand <astrand at cendio.se> wrote:

> I've verified that a comps file is indeed created
> (DESTDIR/VERSION/i386/os/repodata/NAME-VERSION-comps.xml), but it
> contains all packages, for example scribus, even though this RPM is
> not included.
>
> Somehow, the GUI Anaconda seems to "hide" the packages that are not
> available, while the text based Anaconda doesn't.

Hrm, sounds like maybe a bug in the Anaconda text mode.

> > %packages --nobase
> > @base-x
> > %end
>
> It seems anaconda-runtime is required as well.
>
> Also, the resulting installer crashes when trying to install the
> bootloader. I guess I need to add Grub as well.

Yeah, I haven't yet hardcoded a list of absolutely needed for compose
packages.

# Compose Needs
anaconda-runtime
iscsi-initiator-utils
memtest86+
vnc-server

is what I have listed in the config that made F8.  Of course, I'm
relying upon grub coming in from core group, and a few other things
from other groups.

--
Jesse Keating