koji using krb - having problems

Mike Bonnet mikeb at redhat.com
Fri Dec 17 17:20:41 UTC 2010

On 12/17/2010 11:44 AM, steve.webb at beatport.com wrote:
> Ok.
>
> I got a krb ticket, gave myself a admin privs, then tried to add a user as
> myself and I'm still getting "authentication failed".
>
> koji=> insert into users (name, krb_principal, status, usertype) values ('swebb', 'swebb at AUTH.BEATPORTCORP.NET', 0, 0);
> INSERT 0 1
> koji=> select * from users;
>   id | name  | password | status | usertype |              krb_principal
> ----+-------+----------+--------+----------+------------------------------------------
>    1 | koji  |          |      0 |        0 | koji at bpbuild001.co0.nar.beatportcorp.net
>    2 | swebb |          |      0 |        0 | swebb at AUTH.BEATPORTCORP.NET
> (2 rows)
>
> koji=> insert into user_perms (user_id, perm_id, creator_id) values (2, 1, 2);
> INSERT 0 1
> koji=> select * from user_perms;
>   user_id | perm_id | create_event | revoke_event | creator_id | revoker_id | active
> ---------+---------+--------------+--------------+------------+------------+--------
>         1 |       1 |            1 |              |          1 |            | t
>         2 |       1 |            2 |              |          2 |            | t
> (2 rows)
>
> [root at bpbuild001 etc]# klist
> Ticket cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_0
> Default principal: swebb at AUTH.BEATPORTCORP.NET
>
> Valid starting     Expires            Service principal
> 12/17/10 09:39:56  12/17/10 21:37:58  krbtgt/AUTH.BEATPORTCORP.NET at AUTH.BEATPORTCORP.NET
> [root at bpbuild001 etc]# koji add-user kojira
> Kerberos authentication failed: Server not found in Kerberos database (-1765328377)
>
> Is there still something missing?

The koji cli expects the service principal of the hub to be host/<server
name>@<last 2 tokens of the server name>.  So in your case it is trying
to lookup a service principal in the BEATPORTCORP.NET domain, rather
than AUTH.BEATPORTCORP.NET.  Koji should probably be determining the
domain from the client principal, rather than the DNS name.  In the
meantime, you could patch __init__.py:_serverPrincipal() to return the
correct value.