workflow help

Steve Traylen steve.traylen at cern.ch
Mon Feb 22 12:51:23 UTC 2010

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 1:01 PM, Doug Reiland <dreiland at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to get my hands around koji.
> I have setup a local koji server. I have followed examples on setting up
> tags/groups.
> I have dist-f12 and dist-f12-build
> I have linked dist-f12-build to external repos in mirrors.kernel.org.
>     - what does this do you me? I this just the place where any rpm needed
> to satisfy a build request get pulled from?
>
> I regen-repo and everything I think is ok, so far.
>
> For testing, I download the src rpm for bc.
> I did koji import dist-f12 bc*src.rpm

koji import is a way of importing a pre built .src.rpm and binaries into koji.

Instead you want to build the package.

koji build dist-f12 yourrpm.src.rpm

> via web interface, it looks ok.
> Why does this show up as a build? The bc package shows up under builds. I
> guess a build is any rpm, src or binary correct?
>
> How do I trigger a build of this rpm?
> koji build dist-f12 bc*src*rpm - complains has it tries to do an import
> again.
> Using --scratch option works or doesn't fail. but I don't know what that
> does.

When you imported it you effectivly built it. You can never build the
same thing again.

> How do I just say build everything under a tag, for example dist-f12?
> Is there a  I way to trigger this via web interface?

Again once built you cannot build again so the question does not make sense.
You have to increase the release number at least and then they can be built.

> How does a user, via koji cli, checkout src package, make changes, checkin,
> build, ...?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Doug
>

> --