workflow help

Steve Traylen steve.traylen at cern.ch
Mon Feb 22 16:24:21 UTC 2010

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 5:00 PM, Michael Cronenworth <mike at cchtml.com> wrote:
> Doug Reiland wrote:
>> Can you give me an example?
>> I have done fedora-package-setup
>> How would I checkout and build "bc"?
>>

> Steve Traylen gave you a good example. You can start a build from a SRPM
> without needing the CVS setup.
>
> $ koji build filename.srpm.rpm
>
> I do not have first hand experience with fedora packaging Makefiles, but
> if you check out an existing package and follow it you should have
> something useful to work off of.

If you want to build out of your own cvs repo your toplevel Makefile has to
support

make sources

and at the end of that there has to be a

whatever.spec
yoursource-forwhatever.spec

There is some documentation for how we do things here:
https://twiki.cern.ch/twiki/bin/view/EGEE/EGEESA1KojiClient#Submit_a_SCM_URL_to_Koji

We don't work like fedora in that we just put the .spec files in with
the code being developed
so make sources is effectively make dist. In Fedora's layout (which is
better I might add)
the make sources just wgets the source tar ball.

You can follow the example svn urls to look at our source trees e.g.

http://www.sysadmin.hep.ac.uk/svn/grid-monitoring/trunk/msg/egee-backbone-conf/

> You don't need to get rid of what you imported, but you will have to
> submit a package with a higher version in order to replace it.

> --

Steve Traylen