buildcapacity - # of builders

Mike McLean mikem at redhat.com
Fri Feb 26 16:13:49 UTC 2010

On 02/26/2010 09:58 AM, Mike Bonnet wrote:
> If kojid shuts down cleanly it will free all the tasks it is currently
> working on, to make them available for another builder to process.  On
> startup is also frees any tasks it owns before starting to process new
> tasks.  In general a kojid restart may result in running tasks being
> started over, but nothing worse than that.

There are a few situations where tasks do not restart cleanly.

newRepo tasks get an error because they fail to recycle their createrepo
subtasks effectively. I've been meaning to fix this but it's generally
not a big issue, kojira will just create a fresh task when it fails.

build tasks can sometimes fail on restart if they've gotten too far
along -- specifically if they've already triggered the build import (the
restart will then fail because the NVR already exists). Of course if it
imported the build then it is mostly done, but the task will show up as
failed (even though the build will show as successful). Also the build
might not be tagged (which can be remedied by simply tagging it manually).

Similarily, a tagBuild task can fail on restart if it got as far as
actually tagging but didn't quite finish. Of course this means the
tagging actually occurred, but the notification will indication
otherwise (or you may see both the success and failure notifications).