buildcapacity - # of builders

Mike Bonnet mikeb at redhat.com
Fri Feb 26 14:58:22 UTC 2010

On 02/26/2010 07:23 AM, Doug Reiland wrote:
> Thanks for both of you for these details.
> By "serialized", I mean non-parallel package builds because of the
> waitrepos.
>
> Can host.capacity be changed on the fly (pop into psql while stuff is
> running)?

Yes, host.capacity can be changed on the fly and kojid will handle it
just fine.

> If not, how well does the system handle a kojid stop with a bunch
> of outstanding work?
>     /etc/init.d/kojid stop
>     change capacity
>     /etc/init.d/kojid start
>
> and outstanding tasks are handled cleanly.

If kojid shuts down cleanly it will free all the tasks it is currently
working on, to make them available for another builder to process.  On
startup is also frees any tasks it owns before starting to process new
tasks.  In general a kojid restart may result in running tasks being
started over, but nothing worse than that.