buildcapacity - # of builders

Mike McLean mikem at redhat.com
Fri Feb 26 16:26:46 UTC 2010

On 02/26/2010 07:49 AM, Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
> waitRepo is a special task; In my experience, if there is no version of
> the repository yet, a task against a build root will automatically have
> a waitRepo task (before even adding the buildArch tasks to the task queue).

waitrepo is used a number of places and can wait for a few different
conditions:
   - for specific nvrs to appear (chain-build uses this)
   - for a repo newer the a specific timestamp (I don't know if anything
actually uses this right now)
   - for any active repo for the tag (the build task uses this when the
repo is not immediately available)

> You can add a waitRepo task to a build task on a per-build basis, either
> through the command-line (koji wait-repo iirc), and possibly as an
> option to the "koji build<options>  <tag>  (...)" command as well (have
> no experience with such).

The cli wait-repo subcommand doesn't actually create a waitrepo task; it
handles the logic internally.