koji-1.7.1

Mike McLean mikem at redhat.com
Tue Nov 20 14:27:50 UTC 2012

Koji 1.7.1 is tagged and posted.

* Mon Nov 19 2012 Mike McLean <mikem at redhat.com> - 1.7.1-1
- improved upload mechanism
- koji-shadow enhancements
- handle multiple topurl values in kojid
- fix form handling
- mount all of /dev for image tasks
- avoid error messages on canceled/reassigned tasks
- handle unauthenticated case in moshimoshi
- fix the tag_updates query in tag_changed_since_event
- stop tracking deleted repos in kojira
- don't die on malformed tasks
- fix bugs in our relpath backport
- avoid baseurl option in createrepo
- message bus plugin: use timeout and heartbeat
- add maven and win to the supported cli search types
- remove latest-by-tag command
- fix noreplace setting for web.conf
- add sanity checks to regen-repo command
- debuginfo and source options for regen-repo command
- make taginfo command compatible with older koji servers

A few entries deserve further explanation:

1) improved upload mechanism

The new upload mechanism avoids the overhead of xmlrpc and base64
encoding. Depending on other factors this can make for a tremendous
speed improvement. It also reduces cpu load on the hub.

The boolean use_fast_upload config option for the cli and kojid controls
whether the new mechanism is used. This defaults to True for kojid
(which is assumed to be talking to a matching kojihub) and False for the
cli (which might be talking to an older hub).

2) handle multiple topurl values in kojid

You can now provide multiple topurl values in kojid.conf, e.g.

topurl=http://hub.example.com/kojifiles http://hub2.example.com/kojifiles

If you do, then kojid will generate multiple baseurls for the mock
config files it generates.

We do not (yet) do anything else with the extra topurl values. For other
places where we use topurl, only the first matters.