koji 1.8.0-1 'toplink' Apache configuration

John Morris john at zultron.com
Sat Jun 15 18:39:10 UTC 2013

Hi list,

Updated to koji-1.8.0-1 over here.

Koji repos reference local package URLs under the /kojifiles directory.
 Since the previous version installed here, symlinks named 'toplink'
have been placed in generated repos' top level directories.  The symlink
is included package URL paths, and without 'FollowSymLinks' added to
Apache's /kojifiles directory options, package URLs break.

Of course the Apache 'FollowSymLinks' behavior is disabled by default
because of security implications.  There may be a more secure
configuration, but we're not worried about that in our environment.  If
others don't chime in with advice for more secure options, do your
homework when security is a consideration in your environment!

The line in question in the provided koji-hub httpd.conf example:

https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/koji/tree/hub/httpd.conf?id=da6dd0b1832e9929565a1ab03ab844aacedaf755#n29

Thanks-

	John