[fedora-classroom] Project status and potential chances

Eduardo Mayorga Téllez mayorga at fedoraproject.org
Sun Dec 15 02:13:15 UTC 2013

Hi,

I recently realized that a new badge[1] for people who ran a in Fedora
Classroom, but I see that classes have not been held since 2011.
Probably we need to rethink this a little bit.

Eduardo Echeverría (aka echevemaster) has the idea of having virtual
classrooms relying primarily on video. This bring me to mind classes
Coursera or edX-like. It's called Fedora College and it's under active
development[2].

My idea is: both this IRC classes project and College can be
complemented rather than blocking each other. I wonder what the
community think. Is worth to start this again? Are there enough people
willing to help? Let's try to get these questions answered.

Kind regards.

1: https://badges.fedoraproject.org/badge/sensei
2: https://github.com/echevemaster/fedora-college
--