[DISCUSS] Making Atomic the cloud edition

Matt Micene nzwulfin at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 18:13:25 UTC 2015

Ok I didn't notice the date, but, it is at least a clear set of goals.  If
that's not the focus / direction of the SIG now, then I'm sure that's part
of the issue when we hear:

> "we have an image you can use, it does the
> standard things... we're kind of out of ideas to make it more interesting."

I get that the name doesn't have to match the deliverable, it makes it
clearer to the outside when trying to get help, trying to get contributors,
trying to get the message out.

For the cloud image itself, I don't fully understand why I'd want
> a specialized cloud image over a minimal Fedora image -- being
> on Amazon and making minimal, but otherwise stock Fedora images
> available feels like a core distro task to me.

This does make sense, if the Server team is willing to take it on.  There
are a few things that are IaaS specific (cloud-utils-growpart is forever
burned into my mind now) but generally might be able to be treated like an
arch or a spin.

If none of the old-new activities are really ongoing in the SIG, and the
main focus of the current SIG members is Atomic, I've got no issues. I
guess I always figured we were a small if vocal minority of the SIG
membership.

- matt m