[Design-team] fedora logo modification for stainless steel plate laser

Simon Wesp cassmodiah at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jul 30 20:13:05 UTC 2009

Am Dienstag, 28 Juli 2009 23:03:49 schrieb Mel Chua:

MC> A thought - I don't know what model laser machine you have, but the ones
MC> I've seen do both engraving and cutting.
It's a metal and steel plate laser. not one for filigree pieces.

MC> Could you engrave the "infinity" part and cut out the "f-cross" part?
nope

MC> That would keep the aspect ratio intact.
Double nope, i sketched it from scratch, just with sense of proportion.

MC> http://mchua.fedorapeople.org/sketches/lasercut-fedora.png
why slits for shading and how? there are halfcircles building the
bridge. so.. the halfcircle-brigdes at the oter end are always in the other way.
makeing the halfcirclebridges flat and the middle bridge is just an is ugly,
like the solution to bring together the halfcircles.
ugly = )) ((
ugly = )) || ((
nice ))        ((

I will try to make a prototype in a free minute. Tommorrow or next week.
--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen aus dem schönen Hainzell
Simon Wesp

The G in GNU stands for GNU
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SimonWesp