[Design-team] Fedora UX design

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 23:09:16 UTC 2010

On 04/07/2010 05:00 PM, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> Hi Design team,
>
> I've been working on a write up for the strategic working group
> regarding UX design, and I want to make sure I'm clearly stating the
> role of the Fedora Design team and how they interact with other
> groups.  The page I wrote is posted here:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Pfrields/Desktop_user_experience_designers
>
> Are there places in that page where I could more explicitly outline
> the work the Design team does regularly with other teams that affects
> the look and feel of the Fedora distribution?

I find this description a bit fuzzy and I assuming part of the goal of
documenting this is conflict resolution.  I would like see a few
different decisions presented as examples to make the point you are
trying to make.  So for example,  let's say the Desktop SIG wants to
keep the current default theme and the design team proposes a new one or
vice versa,  whose has the final authority?    Does whatever is upstream
win or is the responsibility within one team or another?

What if the design team proposes a new UI for system-config-printer or
Anaconda?

The guideline suggests that design team should be consulted on Fedora
specific UI changes but is there a mandate or even a strong
recommendation to do so?

Rahul