[Design-team] Upcoming Fedora 13 Tasks

Alexander Smirnov inkscaper at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 12:57:16 UTC 2010

> Good idea Alexander -- I believe that Inkscape is capable of this
> since it can run in a batch or headless mode (no GUI display) to do
> PNG exports.
>
> Paul

For creating this banner i used simple script [1] for batch converting to
png  files and packaging in tar.gz. This has saved a lot of time.
Most of the time took communicating with the translator. Subject associating
with translation of the text banner contained about 120 messages.
In the future it would be great to integrating text input with a standard
translation software  (pot / po files).

[1] -
http://inkscaper.fedorapeople.org/Fedora13/countdown-banner/script/countdown_banner.sh

Thanks,